Veal Liver, Mushroom Sauce, Red Wine and Pancetta
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 4 slices Veal liver, 150 g (1/3 lb) each
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 package of diced cooked pancetta (175 g)
- 8 oz (227g) Paris mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 small red onion minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine
- 1 1/2 containers of demi-glace sauce (300 ml each)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 15% cooking cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown the pancetta and mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the wine into the pan and simmer until the liquid has completely evaporated.
- Add demi-glace sauce and thyme. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the cream and mustard. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a plate. Flour the slices of veal liver.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown the slices of veal liver for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the veal liver with the sauce.