This recipe by Jason Lee of ShutUpAndEat made this delish dish for #TheOne&OnlyBeef. His shout out on the recipe: Prepare this iconic Korean beef bulgogi bowl in just about 30 minutes! Ground beef is the highlight of this sweet and savoury recipe that cannot be beat. Served with spicy kimchi, refreshing cucumbers and a runny fried egg, this dish is the perfect all in one meal for any day of the week!
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- 1 lb (500 g) Medium or Lean Ground Beef
- ¼ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 green onion (separate white and green)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup julienned cucumber (or ribbons)
- ½ cup prepared kimchi
- 4 eggs, fried
- Scallion greens
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, oyster sauce, green onion (just the white part) corn starch, salt and pepper until the sugar is dissolved; set a side.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté sliced onion. Once translucent, add ground beef and sir occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain half of the liquid from the pan and add sauce. Stir to incorporate and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve on top of the white rice with garnishes.