Ordinary roast beef? I don’t think so. This O’live U Pot Roast is another deliciously unconventional beef recipe. Time to Re-Think your beef! Let’s get started by getting out one of the best tools in the kitchen… the slow cooker!
O’live U Pot Roast
Author: Think Beef
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 ½ lb (1.59 kg) boneless Beef Pot Roast (e.g. Cross Rib, Blade or Shoulder), trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup (425 mL) tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced pitted Greek Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano leaves
- Garden Orzo Salad (recipe follows)
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in large skillet. Place roast in 4 or 5-quart (4 or 5 L) slow cooker.
- Combine pasta sauce, olives and oregano; pour over roast in slow cooker and turn meat to coat well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes or more; carve and serve with sauce and Garden Orzo Salad.
- Garden Orzo Salad: Cook ½ cup (125 mL) orzo pasta until tender; drain. Toss with 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette dressing while still warm, in medium sized salad bowl. Add ½ cup sliced red onion, 1 ½ cups (375 mL) halved grape tomatoes, 1 medium cucumber cut into chunks (approx. 2 cups/500 mL), and ½ cup (125 mL) EACH crumbled feta and halved Kalamata olives. Add in 1 clove garlic, finely minced, ¼ cup (50 mL) torn fresh basil leaves and an additional 4 tbsp (60 mL) vinaigrette dressing; toss together to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6 cups (1.5 L).