Alfredo sauce is the ultimate creamy Italian sauce for pasta. Add beef, and you’ve beefed up this pasta fave with a top-notch quality protein, easy-to-absorb iron and vitamin B12 in a dinner that is amazingly simple to make. Serve on a bed of baby spinach for a veggie boost and additional iron for energy! DYK: By serving beef with spinach, up to 50% more iron from the spinach can be absorbed –that’s a benefit known as the ‘meat factor’.
Beefed UP Fettucine Alfredo
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
6 oz (175 g) dry fettuccine pasta
¾ lb (375 g) Beef Top Sirloin or Sirloin Tip Grilling Steak, cut into bite-sized strips
Fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or sunflower oil, divided
Half sweet yellow pepper, diced
½ tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
⅓ cup (75 mL) slivered sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed or soaked dried)
3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach, divided
1 jar or container (about 410 mL) Alfredo sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves, torn, or chopped green onions
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, pat beef strips dry with paper towel. Season beef all over with salt and pepper to your taste. Heat oil over medium heat in a large deep nonstick skillet. Cook beef strips for about 1 minute per side or until browned but still pink inside. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside; reserve oil in skillet.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, 1 cup (250 mL) of the spinach, the browned beef strips and accumulated juices and the Alfredo sauce. Reduce heat to low and bring sauce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, until flavours blend together.
4. Drain cooked pasta well and add to sauce in skillet. Toss with sauce until evenly coated.
5. To serve, divide remaining spinach among 4 serving bowls and top each with hot pasta and sauce. Garnish with grated Parmesan, basil and freshly ground pepper to taste.
[…] Recipe by Monda Rosenburg Get this recipe: https://thinkbeef.ca/beefed-up-fettucine-alfredo/ […]