This big batch recipe makes a great breakfast-for-dinner or just freeze ahead for a grab-and-go breakfast sandwich that’s fast, nutritious and delicious!
Big Batch Beef & Cheddar Sheet Pan Omelette
Author: Think Beef
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean Ground Beef
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef, thyme, onion powder, salt and green peppers over medium-high heat in a large skillet, breaking up the ground beef with a wooden spoon, cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned and fully cooked. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, the eggs and milk. Spray a rimmed 16 x 11-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Scatter the beef and pepper mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the beef mixture. Scatter the grated cheese on top.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet to a 350˚F oven and bake for 15 to20 minutes or until the egg is set in the middle – it should be firm not wiggly in the centre. Remove and cool slightly.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve on toasted English muffins or burger buns or cover and refrigerate for 3 days. Or to freeze, wrap each square in parchment and store in sealed container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat: place each square in the microwave for 35 to 45 seconds on HIGH.
Per serving: 184 calories, fat 12.5 g (5.1 g of which is saturated), sodium 236 mg, carbohydrate 1.9 g, fibre 0.2 g, sugars 1.3 g, protein 16.4 g. %DV: zinc 30%, iron 11%, vitamin B12 95%, calcium 11% DV