Dust off the slow-cooker so you can take advantage of having dinner cook while you’re away at work. It doesn’t take much to make an amazing pot roast and next-day dinners are equally delicious.
This simple recipe uses just a Blade or Cross Rib Pot Roast with 3 simple ingredients!
- 3-1/2 lb (1.75 kg) Beef Pot Roast (e.g. Cross Rib or
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup sliced pitted Greek Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in large skillet. Place roast in 4 or 5-quart (4 or 5 L) slow cooker.
- Combine pasta sauce, olives and oregano; pour over roast in slow cooker and turn meat to coat well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes or more; carve and serve with sauce.
Next Day’s Sandwich: Layer slices of pot roast on foccacia with Greek salad fixings and creamy Greek dressing.
Next Day’s Pasta Lunch: Mix equal amounts of cooking sauce from the Mediterranean-style Beef Pot Roast with jarred or canned tomato pasta sauce. Add shreds of cooked Mediterranean-style Beef Pot Roast and toss with some cooked pasta. Microwave to warm and top with Parmesan cheese.