This Mayai Mani casserole is quick to pull together with just a few basic ingredients and is reminiscent of Mexican Heuovos Rancheros.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp EACH minced garlic and fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dried parsley
- 4 eggs
- Cook the ground beef in large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- When the meat is partially cooked, add the onion, tomatoes and spices; continue cooking until the meat is completely cooked and any liquid has evaporated. Add lemon juice and season with salt to taste. Add a handful of chopped cilantro to the ground beef; remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease an 8” x 8” glass baking dish.
- Add the ground beef mixture.
- Make four indentations, evenly spaced in the ground beef. Add one of four eggs into each depression. Sprinkle with dried parsley and paprika.
- Bake in a 350˚F oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs have cooked.
- Serve with bread or naan.