Have your meat and veggies cook together in this easy sheet-pan dinner.
For an added kick of flavour be sure to drizzle on some sriracha mayo before eating!
Have your meat and veggies cook together in this easy sheet-pan dinner. For an added kick of flavour be sure to drizzle on some sriracha mayo before eating!
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated or finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hummus
- 2 pocket style pita breads, cut in half
- Sriracha Mayo:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sriracha
- Sriracha Mayo: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- On a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet, toss onion, pepper, zucchini, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and pepper with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil.
- In a large bowl, using your hands mix together beef, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, chili powder, lime zest and remaining salt until well combined. Divide and shape into 8 patties about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter. Use your thumb press centres slightly. Place patties on top of the vegetables and brush with remaining oil.
- Roast in preheated 425˚F (220˚C) oven for about 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. To finish, place under a pre-heated broiler for 3 to 5 minutes just until beef and vegetables are sizzling and crisped up, and each pattie is cooked to 160˚F (71˚C), when tested with a digital instant read thermometer inserted sideways.
Per Serving (1/4 recipe*): 590 calories, 35g fat, 8g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 34g carbs, 4g fibre, 6g sugars, 35g protein. %DV: vitamin A 5%, vitamin C 89%, calcium 10%, iron 29%.
*Note: Calcium per serving is 100 mg.