Have your meat and veggies cook together in this easy sheet-pan dinner. Brought to you in partnership with Osteoporosis Canada.
For an added kick of flavour be sure to drizzle on some sriracha mayo before eating!
Have your meat and veggies cook together in this easy sheet-pan dinner. For an added kick of flavour be sure to drizzle on some sriracha mayo before eating!
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated or finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hummus
- 2 pocket style pita breads, cut in half
- Sriracha Mayo:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sriracha
- Sriracha Mayo: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- On a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet, toss onion, pepper, zucchini, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and pepper with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil.
- In a large bowl, using your hands mix together beef, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, chili powder, lime zest and remaining salt until well combined. Divide and shape into 8 patties about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter. Use your thumb press centres slightly. Place patties on top of the vegetables and brush with remaining oil.
- Roast in preheated 425˚F (220˚C) oven for about 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. To finish, place under a pre-heated broiler for 3 to 5 minutes just until beef and vegetables are sizzling and crisped up, and each pattie is cooked to 160˚F (71˚C), when tested with a digital instant read thermometer inserted sideways.
Per Serving (1/4 recipe*): 590 calories, 35g fat, 8g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 34g carbs, 4g fibre, 6g sugars, 35g protein. %DV: vitamin A 5%, vitamin C 89%, calcium 10%, iron 29%.
*Note: Calcium per serving is 100 mg.