Comfort food with a twist! This make-ahead big batch beef recipe takes the stress out of the weeknight rush. Just 10-12 minutes from the freezer and a delicious meal is on the table fast!
Big Batch Mini Mexican Meat Loaves
Author: Think Beef
Serves: Makes 24
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3lb (1.4 kg) Lean Ground Beef
- Spray two, 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick spray; set aside. Mix together the bread crumbs, eggs, salsa, chili powder, oregano, onion powder and salt in a large bowl until everything is well combined. Add the black beans and ground beef and use your hands to mix everything together.
- Form the mixture into 24 equal meatballs then place them into the two, 12 muffin cup pans. Use a damp hand to firmly press the meatballs down so they are flat on top.
- Bake in a 400˚F oven for 20 minutes, testing that a digital instant-read thermometer reads 160˚F (70˚C) when inserted into the centre of several meatloaves. Remove from the oven and allow meat loaves to cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the meatloaves from the pan, remove gently and serve with sour cream, salsa and grated cheese.
- Store extra meatloaves covered in the fridge for up to 3 days or wrap each individually and freeze in sealed container for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen: place in a 350˚F oven and cook for 10 to12 minutes or until hot throughout or microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on HIGH until hot throughout.