Another big batch recipe that is fast, and easy. All you need is a few minutes to mix, then freeze ahead for burgers, sliders or fun square meatballs in minutes!
- 2.5 lb (1.25 kg) Lean Ground Beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp whole fennel seed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands (or wooden spoon) to thoroughly mix all the ingredients together. Set aside. Line a 13 x 9-inch rimmed baking sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Burgers or sliders
- • Add all of the meat mixture to the baking sheet. Use your hands to press the meat mixture out so it fills the sheet pan entirely and evenly. You should have one compact piece of meat with no cracks.
- • To make burgers, cut the beef with a sharp paring knife into 12 equal squares. To make sliders, cut the meat into 24 equal squares.
- • Bake in a 375˚F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drain off any liquid that has accumulated on the pan. Break the burgers (or sliders) along the cut edges and serve or cool and store, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or wrap each burger/slider individually in foil and freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
- • Add all the meat mixture to the baking sheet and form it into a 9 x 7-inch rectangle about 1-inch thick. Score the meat ½-inch deep into 48 equal squares (8 x 6).
- • Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Remove from oven and drain any liquid that has accumulated on the pan. Separate into the square meatballs and serve or cool and store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. To freeze: divide into meal-portions and store in sealed container in the freezer for up to 3 months.