This recipe comes to us from Hélène Peloquin, creator of the blog http://www.lacuisinehelene.com. Hélène serves up a delicious ground beef dish that is ready in 30 minutes. A great go-to for meal planning during the busy week.
Cheesy Beef Coquillettes with Herbs
Author: Hélène Peloquin, www.lacuisinehelene.com
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 454g lean ground beef
- 1 can 796ml diced tomatoes with herbs & spices
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 5 ml each dried basil, oregano, rosemary
- 5 ml dehydrated onion
- 5 ml garlic salt
- 2.5 ml salt
- 625 ml coquillettes pasta
- 375 ml tex-mex shredded cheese
- 125 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- In a large pot boil the water for the pasta.
- Meanwhile in a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the lean ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes and sliced green pepper, bring to a boil, cover and cook on medium-low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the water is boiling cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
- When the meat mixture is ready add the cheese and pasta. Mix well.
- Serve immediately and decorate each plate with fresh parsley and green onions.