Welcome to one of the recipes in the Cooking 101 with Andrea Vilneff series – Rainbow Stir Fry with Rice.
To see all of Andrea’s Cooking 101 recipes… just click!
PLUS! Download and print this recipe with BONUS shopping list. Just Click!Print
- 1 cup 15-minute brown rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes or onion powder
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 3 cups frozen Asian veggie mix
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together rice, onion, broth, garlic powder and onion powder in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, mix in peas, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet cook ground beef over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, breaking the beef apart with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix in frozen vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk garlic powder, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Pour into the skillet with the ground beef mixture. Cook stirring for 3 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and thickens. Add beef and vegetable mixture to rice.