Welcome to one of the recipes in the Cooking 101 with Andrea Vilneff series – Tortellini Soup.
To see all of Andrea’s Cooking 101 recipes… just click!
PLUS! Download and print this recipe with BONUS shopping list. Just Click!
Author: Think Beef
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp EACH salt and pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1 can (28 fl oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cups cheese tortellini or whole wheat macaroni
- Heat oil in a deep soup pot on medium-high. Brown beef for 5 minutes, breaking beef into a crumble with the back of a spoon. Stir in mushrooms, onion, salt, pepper, carrots, celery and spinach. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in tortellini and cook for 7 minutes or until noodles are just cooked.
Tip: This recipe is a great way to get creative in the kitchen. Try adding your favourite vegetables. Some great alternative options are cabbage or peas. Use what you have available in your fridge or freezer.