Welcome to one of the recipes in the Cooking 101 with Andrea Vilneff series – Golden Rice and Beef.
To see all of Andrea’s Cooking 101 recipes… just click!
PLUS! Download and print this recipe with BONUS shopping list. Just Click!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp EACH turmeric, cardamom, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt
- ¼ tsp EACH cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups Big Batch Beef (see recipe)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- Melt butter in a large skillet melt over medium-high heat. Cook onions, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until just brown. Stir in garlic, turmeric, cardamom, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and Big Batch Beef. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in broth. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in green and mixed beans. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Honeyed carrots: Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, honey and salt for 3 minutes. Stir carrot and honey sauce into the rice dish once it has finished standing for the 10 minutes.