- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean Ground Beef
- ½ tsp EACH salt and pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ground beef with half of the salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until meat is browned and completely cooked. Drain and set aside on a plate until ready to use.
- Whisk eggs, milk, onion powder and remaining salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Return beef to the non-stick skillet and stir in onions and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes. Turn heat to low and pour in egg mixture. As eggs set around edge of skillet, using spatula, gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and place skillet under preheated broiler for 2 minutes to melt cheese and puff up frittata, or cover with lid and cook for a couple minutes on stovetop. Loosen around edge of frittata. Cut into wedges and serve with ketchup for dipping.