Don’t be intimidated by a beef oven roast – it couldn’t be easier. If you have never tried a roast before because you think it will be risky and take too much time, try this Easy Beef Oven Roast. Simple, uncomplicated and perfectly delicious every time, it’s just what you need to feed the family!
- 1 kg Beef Roast
- Season roast. Place in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into center of roast avoiding fat or bone.
- Oven-Sear by placing uncovered roast in preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- **Reduce heat to 275°F (140°C); cook uncovered to desired doneness, removing from oven when 5°F (3°C) below finished temperature. (Bone-in roast can take 30 to 45 minutes less.)
- Cover with foil and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Special Notes:
- **Not around to turn it down? Skip Step 2 and roast at a constant 275°F (140°C). This is especially good for less tender cuts and smaller roasts (less than 1 kg/2lb). Allow approximately 15% longer cook time.
- Tips for the perfect roast
- A rack in the pan promotes even cooking.
- Roast without a lid for best browning.
- Use a thermometer to know when your Oven Roast is done the way you like it.
- Let roast stand at least 15 minutes after cooking to let juices settle.
- Carve Oven roasts in thin slices across the grain.
5 Quick Tips for the Perfect Roast
• A rack in the pan promotes even cooking.
• Roast without a lid for best browning.
• Use a thermometer to know when your Oven Roast is done the way you like it.
• Let roast stand at least 15 minutes after cooking to let juices settle.
•Carve Oven roasts in thin slices across the grain.