Beef kabobs with whole grain and veggies makes this a balanced meal for the whole family.Print
Beef Kabobs with Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower
Beef kabobs with whole grain and veggies makes this a balanced meal for the whole family.
3 tbsp minced fresh herb leaves (e.g. thyme, rosemary and chives)
Zest of half a lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil, divided
1 lb (500 g) Top Sirloin Grilling Steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 EACH, medium zucchini, red and yellow sweet pepper, cut into chunks
Salt and pepper
Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower (recipe follows)
1. Combine herbs, zest, garlic and 2 tbsp oil in sealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes, seal bag and squeeze with hands to mix. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
2. Toss zucchini and peppers with remaining oil. Thread onto soaked wooden skewers alternately with beef cubes.
3. Grill kabobs over medium-high heat (400ºF), turning once, for about 10 minutes or until beef is cooked to medium (160ºF) testing doneness with a digital instant-read thermometer inserted into several beef cubes to test. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower: Cook ½ cup quinoa according to package instructions. Meanwhile, break a half head cauliflower into florets. Place on foil-lined baking tray; toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and ¼ tsp EACH ground cumin and paprika and a pinch of pepper. Roast in 400ºF oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with cooked quinoa and serve with kabobs.
Baby/Toddler Fast Adapt
• Prepare foods without adding salt
• Cook beef to 160ºF (71ºC)
• Exclude dairy ingredients until baby is 9 months of age
• Before serving, heat up all baby food until hot, then cool to lukewarm
Infant Mix: Combine beef with quinoa mixture and cooked veggies in a blender or food processor. If needed, add breastmilk or formula for easier blending and process until smooth.
Baby Chunky Mash: Combine cooked beef and vegetables with the Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower in a blender or food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add water, formula or breastmilk to thin, as needed.
Toddler Finger Foods: Cut cooked beef and vegetables into bite sized pieces and serve with the Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower.