Beef Steak & Lentil Salad
Author: Think Beef
- 1 tsp EACH Italian seasoning, coarsely ground pepper and salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Grilling Steak (e.g. Strip Loin or Top Sirloin), 1 inch thick
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup EACH olive oil and chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fresh or roasted mashed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp EACH salt and dried oregano
- 2 cups assorted grilled vegetables (e.g. zucchini, sweet red
- pepper, asparagus, etc.), cut into chunks
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar (170 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- Combine pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in small bowl. Rub mixture over steak; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, red onion, garlic, vinegar, basil, salt and oregano in large salad bowl. Add grilled vegetables, tomatoes, lentils and artichoke hearts. Gently toss together and season to taste.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat for 4 to 7 minutes per side for medium doneness (160ºF/71ºC). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices; serve with lentil mixture.