Ordinary ground beef? I don’t think so. This Hurry Beef Curry is another deliciously unconventional beef recipe. Time to Re-Think your beef!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 pound (500 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1–1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced to ½” cubes
- 1 can (398 mL) stewed tomatoes with juice ( I used fire-roasted)
- 1 (400 mL) can unsweetened coconut milk
- ⅔ cup frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add ground beef. Cook, stirring to break up lumps, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, curry, garam masala and cayenne pepper (if using). Continue to cook, stirring, until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, tomatoes in juice and coconut milk. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and cook just to heat through. Serve over rice with chopped fresh cilantro and naan.